Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Car-ma continues

Yesterday we picked up #1 son's Honda Civic. He did very well on the stick-shifting - only a few stalls, one popped clutch and one gear grind. He is going to be practicing today alot I am sure. I have asked that he stay off the highway for right now (at least during high traffic times).

In the meantime, #2 son called on his way home from swim practice last night and informed me "My brakes are not working". I asked him to define "not working". He indeed meant that they were NOT working. They worked if he pressed super super hard down on them. I told him to drive very carefully and slowly to the local mechanic and that I would meet him there. I suspect the dreaded brake lines have gone. Waiting to hear from local mechanic - who will find a lovely red grand am surprise in his parking lot this AM!

Things are very busy here. End of the school year madness. #1 son is going to OU this weekend to hang out with his new-found squeeze. #2 son has National Honor induction this evening, I have a hair cut tomorrow, Thursday is Grey's Anatomy....ok so that stuff is pretty lame, but next week we have things, both school-wise and work-wise every evening. I am hoping to get #1 to do some yardwork things before he starts his summer career as a life-guard/swim coach.

In the meantime, is it asking too much to have a little knitting time? My poor sock that rocks! So close to the first being done.......

No comments: