Thursday, April 12, 2007

Forgiven

I have officially been forgiven by my beautiful Socks that Rock yarn. It permitted an easy and flawless cast on last night. After 8 rounds, I did yet again start to knit with the tail (ok so I was watching 24 and got a little distracted) but realized only a few stitches into it and was able to fix the problem.

I really LOVE having a mindless piece of knitting for after a long 12 hour day at work. Something that requires no thought. Part of the reason I like socks.

Yesterday whilst hard at work I fell into the mason dixon warsh cloth black hole. After seeing several of these beauties, I was anxious to scuttle home and see if I had the pattern. I DO I DO! Unfortunately all of my peaches/cream or sugar/cream yarns are variegated, so I will have to brave the local wal-farts and get some plain colored yarns. I envision myself making these for everyone. Housewarmings! Christmas! Mothers day! (well maybe Mothers day, next year!)



These would certainly be less time consuming than the fiber trend clogs I plan on making for all my nieces and nephews. Here is a picture of my first completed clog from last Christmas. Modeled by #1 son. Made in University of Michigan colors. Overall I was pleased with how they turned out. He has smaller feet, so I did a women's large, using Cascade 220. This stuff took flipping forever to felt. #2 son's clogs were made with WOTA and Patons and they took half the time to felt.

1 comment:

Renna said...

I'm still giggling over your "local wal-farts" comment. ;-Þ I have a friend who's young daughter calls it "waR-mart".