Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why we don't knit until after tax deadline are past

Last night I got home just in time for House (9 pm). I decided to cast away on my ill-fated STR sock (socks that rock). Cast on 56. Split the cast on onto two lovely and slippery circulars. Knit a round of K2p2 rib. No twists, go me. Do it again. No twists, go me, now I can do some seriously mindless knitting......one more round, and I run out of yarn. RUN OUT OF YARN. I was knitting with the freaking TAIL! And from way back! Reverse knitting simply was not an option.

It is punishing me, I swear, for trying that stupid heel on it. I gently ripped it out and promised to try again tonight. If it continues to punish me, I will place it aside until April 18th (or maybe the 19th if I have a hangover from the post tax season accounting festivities). Maybe by then all will be forgiven.

On another note, #2 son asked if I was planning on grocery shopping any time soon. I handed him a credit card and said "knock yourself out". Hoping he gets lots of sugar and things that will sustain me through the next week. When I went to bed, my Cooper put his big sea-turtle head on top of me so that I would not move. He only does this when he is feeling very grumpy and neglected.

No comments: