Saturday, April 7, 2007

Life after April 17th

I am anxiously planning to resume my life as soon as this year's tax season is over. Many plans and ideas - on the home front, and on a personal level. In an effort to prepare myself for the metamorphosis, I actually came into work late today (GASP!) and went and had my hair highlighted and cut for the first time since December. Lets just say the difference is hugely noticeable. Perhaps this new and vastly improved look will help me to lose a few excess lbs!

After tax season - I get to jump wholeheartedly into the #2 son project - "lets find a nice university to attend". He is currently a high school junior, but I learned with #1 son that postponing the visits is not a great idea. #2 doesn't know yet where he wants to go - or what he wants to be when he grows up (and why should he, I am still trying to figure that out). He may want to swim in college competitively - and based on this year's performances, would be an asset to many schools. We are not talking Olympic caliber but he is definitely a strong athlete, and it doesn't hurt that he has great grades. Other extra curriculars are a bit weak, but I think he will do fine.

#1 son will be home for the summer on April 25th. He goes to the University of Michigan - they get them around Labor Day and then send them home in late April. He is trying to get a high-paying internship this summer, also hoping to take some advanced calculus horror oops I meant class at University of Akron, so that he can pick up an Econ minor. If the internship doesn't work out, he can lifeguard and coach summer swim team. Not as prestigious or high paying but it will be good. Hoping he can help with some of the above-mentioned college visits.

Also on the agenda is purchasing a new car. I am one of those overly analytic people who has to look at every option....10 times....its a wonder I ever make a decision, quite frankly. Leaning toward the Rav4 right now. #1 will inherit the rusty Explorer, or the trade-in value there of. #2 is driving his cousins old Grand Am - really a sweet little car.

House-wise - I need to do a major cleaning after this past tax season. I spent several hours putting all excess knitting paraphanelia away last week. It had taken over a whole corner of my room. I would like to replace the flooring in my family room and perhaps my front door. And a new hot water heater.

Knitting - lots of projects and ideas. In no particular order:

1. Socks that rock socks on circs - about 1/3 complete on this project (just turned the heel on sock #1)
2. Block a month afghan - working on block one. Using Encore Chunky. My life is not conducive to using alpaca for an afghan with a lab and two teenage boys.
3. Numerous other sock yarns. Too many and too embarressing to elaborate.
4. Summer sweaters. Likewise.
5. Felted clogs. Lots of them for gifts. Maybe even a pair for me!

No pictures, of course. Because I am slacking at work right now. But soon. Any day now!

No comments: